In 2011 Felipe Hoffa moved from Chile to San Francisco to join Google as a Software Engineer. Since 2013 he’s been a Developer Advocate on big data – to inspire developers around the world to leverage the Google Cloud Platform tools to analyze and understand their data in ways they could never before. You can find him in several YouTube videos, blog posts, and conferences around the world.
Top datasets for top DevRel results
As a Developer Advocate for Google and BigQuery, I use BigQuery to analyze where should I go and what should I do. In this talk I want to share with you datasets and techniques that can make us way more effective at our jobs.
Some of the datasets I’ll showcase during this talk:
– Stack Overflow: What are the larger industry trends? Are we being supportive of our communities? How can we identify the top questions to focus our product decisions?
– GitHub: Finding industry trends. Identifying our audience. Measuring a healthy community.
– Meetup.com: What are the worldwide trends? What are the top meetups in each city?
– Google Analytics, Youtube: While these datasets are private to each company, we can use them to measure the outcome of our efforts.
– Reddit, Hacker News: What are the top trends relevant to our products?